Mary Kay Ash was one of a kind. She began her own business over 50 years ago and is still empowering women around the world till this day. The Mary Kay business is now in over 35 countries with more then 3.5 million Independent Beauty Consultants, me being one of them.
Mary Kay Ash is still an amazing inspiration to millions of women with her spirit and knowledge still very much alive. Below are a 101 Mary Kay quotes which still touch our hearts today.
1. The first step is the hardest – making a commitment to yourself, for yourself.
2. Never give up, because you never know if the next try is going to be the one that works.
3. You see, life to me is no brief candles. It’s a splendid torch, and I want to burn it brightly before I pass it on to future generations.
4. Don’t let the negatives of life control you. Rise above them. Use them as your stepping stones to go higher than you ever dreamed.
5. God didn’t have time to create a nobody – just a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought into fruition.
6. The definition of successful people is simply ordinary people with extraordinary determination.
7. Don’t limit yourself. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.
8. The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang.
10. Everyone has an invisible sign hanging from their neck saying, ‘Make me feel important.’ Never forget this message when working with people.
11. Give yourself something to work toward – constantly.
12. The greatest pollution problem we face today is negativity.
13. The faintest ink is better than the most retentive memory.
14. Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist
15. We treat our people like royalty. If you honor and serve the people who work for you, they will honor and serve you.
16. Throw out the words, ‘if I can’, ‘I hope’, and ‘maybe’, and replace them with ‘I can, I will, I must’.
17. People are definitely a company’s greatest asset. It doesn’t make any difference whether the product is cars or cosmetics. A company is only as good as the people it keeps
18. It is important to realize that you do not have to change a certain number of lives in order to make a difference in the world; you can do it by reaching out to just one person. That person can be anyone.
19. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles
20. Do you know that within your power lies every step you ever dreamed of stepping and within your power lies every joy you ever dreamed of seeing? Within yourself lies everything you ever dreamed of being. Become everything that God wants you to be. It is within your reach. Dare to grow into your dreams and claim this as your motto: Let it be me.
21. Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
22. Most people live and die with their music still unplayed. They never dare to try.
23. Every achievement, Big or Small, begins in your mind.
24. A good goal is like a strenuous exercise – it makes you stretch.
25. Everyone has obstacles to overcome, but those with the great faith can conquer whatever stands in the way.
26. God does not ask your ability or your inability. He asks only your availability.
27. Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise.
28. A leader has two important characteristics: first she is going somewhere; second, she is able to persuade others to go with her.
29. My goal in life is to live my life in such a way that when I dies, someone can say, she cared.
30. We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don’t know where you’re aiming, you don’t have a goal.
31. Dare to risk public criticism
33. For every failure, there’s an alternative course of action. You just have to find it. When you come to a roadblock, take a detour.
34. Ideas are a dime a dozen. People who implement them are priceless.
35. There are two things that people want more than sex and money – recognition and praise.
36. While clothes do not make a woman, they certainly have a strong affect on her self-confidence – which, I believe, does make the woman.
37. No matter how busy you are, you must take the time to make the other person feel important.
38. A woman who will tell her age will tell anything.
39. Your attitude determines your altitude.
40. Those people blessed with the most talent don’t necessarily outperform everyone else. It’s the people with the follow-through who excel.
41. Even the smallest achievements pave a way to great success
42. Every silver lining has a cloud.
43. God first, then family, then career
44. It is far better to be exhausted from success than to be rested from failure.
45. Its what’s inside of you that determines whether or not you achieve the success that you want in your life.
46. And that point is, it doesn’t matter how long you’ve known somebody. People change. Or you don’t really know them as well as you thought you did in the first place.
47. Remember, if you do the things you out to do when you ought to do them, then someday you can do the things you want to do when you want to do them…whatever you do or dream you can do – begin it.
48. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
49. Be a go-getter. Give the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you.
50. In most cases being a good boss means hiring talented people and then getting out of their way.
51. A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one.
52. You can have anything in this world you want, if you want it badly enough and you’re willing to pay the price.
53. So many women just don’t know how great they really are. They come to us all vogue on the outside and vague on the inside.
54. Everyone wants to be appreciated, so if you appreciate someone, don’t keep it a secret.
55. Criticize the act, not the person.
56. There is a way; Up, Around, Over or Through
57. An average person with average talents and ambition and average education, can outstrip the most brilliant genius in our society, if that person has clear, focused goals.
58. Do not desire to fit in. Desire to lead.
60. People fail forward to success.
61. Listen long enough and the person will generally come up with an adequate solution.
62. People change and even products change. But over the course of time it’s the strength of a company’s philosophy that will determine whether or not it endures.
63. I always greet our employees with a warm ‘Hi! How are you?’ When a new employee answers, ‘Uh, pretty good. How are you, Mary Kay?’ I’ll say, ‘You’re not just good, you’re great!’ Each time I see him or her afterward, he or she will say, ‘I’m great!’ and the smile will get bigger and bigger. If you act enthusiastic, you become enthusiastic – and it spreads like wildfire!
64. We need leaders who add value to the people and the organization they lead; who work for the benefit of others and not just for their own personal gain; inspire and motivate rather than intimidate and manipulate; who live with people to know their problems and live with God in order to solve them; and who follow a moral compass that points in the right direction regardless of the trends.
65. The most valuable gift that you can give your children is not money; it is the ability to think positively. The money will soon be gone, but the ability to think positively will go on to help your children be a success throughout their lives.
66. When you reach an obstacle, turn it into an opportunity. You have the choice. You can overcome and be a winner, or you can allow it to overcome you and be a loser. The choice is yours and yours alone.
67. Go that extra mile that failures refuse to travel.
68. You cannot keep determined people from success. If you place stumbling blocks in their way, they will use them for stepping-stones and climb to new heights.
69. People who succeed have a goal, a dream and make their plans and follow them.
70. Integrity is the ingredient that will enable you to forge rapidly ahead on the highway that leads to success. It advertises you as being an individual who will always come through. Whatever you say you will do, do it even if you have to move heaven and earth.
71. Some might consider the Golden Rule corny and old-fashioned, but no one can deny its simple truth. Imagine how much better our world would be if everyone lived by this creed.
72. Before you ever receive the wonderful treasures of a happy life, you must first give. Give of yourself. Be of service to others. Only what you give can be multiplied back into your own life.
74. If you give nothing, even if it is multiplied, you receive nothing.
75. A strong beginning is a good thing only when coupled with a strong finish.
76. Think about it, no one can win a race in which he had given up. You can’t win a battle for which you have surrendered.
77. Many women have made a mistake by changing their belief to accommodate their work. It must be the other way round.
78. Every failure, obstacle or hardship is an opportunity in disguise.
79. Success in many cases is failure turned inside out.
80. Our company was begun with only one objective and that is to give women the chance to succeed; an opportunity that simply did not exist in the 60s.
81. A laurel rested upon becomes wilted.
82. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
83. Over the years, I have observed that nearly all high achievers know how to make good of those 1440 minutes in each day.
84. The human mind is incredible. And, for that matter, so are the minds of all living creatures. God programmed a tiny spider, for instance, to weave a web. He programmed a salmon to swim thousands of miles upstream to the exact location where it was hatched. If the brains of spiders and salmon can be programmed to perform such feats, imagine what capability of the human brain can achieve.
85. Make every day count. Make every hour count. Make every minute count. And don’t stop until you have exercised your full potential, realizing your impossible dream and fulfilling your total destiny to become the person that you, and only you, are capable of being.
86. We fall forward to succeed.
87. People will support that which they help to create.
88. Some people… are so caught up in themselves that they fail to realize that the other person wants to feel important too.
89. Each of us craves to be recognized.
90. Let people know that you appreciate their performance and they will respond by doing even better.
91. Recognition is the most powerful of all motivating techniques.
92. Good leaders are good listeners.
93. People often resist change when they don’t participate in the decision-making process. Some of the best leaders ‘plant the seed’ that permits others to propose the idea and take credit for it!
95. The more enjoyment people derive from their work, the better they will produce.
96. You must develop the ability to know the difference between a real problem and an imaginary one.
97. If today one more woman learns how great she really is, then for me it has been a great day.
98. People won’t follow a person they don’t trust.
99. Real leaders aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty.
100. Each person whose hand I shake is the most important person in the world at that moment.
101. Leaders teach. They motivate. They care. Leaders make sure that the way to success is always broad enough and straight enough for others to follow.
I hope some of these quotes, if not all, gave you some inspiration today and brought a smile to your face.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average Rating / 5. Vote Count: